These tournament rules (Hereinafter referred to as the “Rules”) apply to the tournament section on the fanfootbal.app website (Hereinafter referred to as the “Website”).
The Rules contained herein as are intended to complement the Terms and Conditions contained in the Agreement, not replace them. In the event of a discrepancy between these Rules and the Terms and Conditions as contained in the Agreement, the Agreement shall take precedence.
1. We will, at all times, consider the best interests of the game and fairness as the top priority in the decision-making process. Unusual circumstances can, on occasion, dictate those decisions in the interest of fairness take priority over the Rules, however the final decision in this respect shall always vest in Us.
2. All tournaments will begin promptly at the scheduled time stated in the Tournament Lobby. We reserve the right to delay or cancel a tournament without prior notice, however we shall endeavour to update the Website to reflect any such delays and/or cancellations accordingly. You expressly indemnify and hold Us harmless against any and all losses, costs, expenses, damages and the like that You may suffer, howsoever arising, as a result of Our decision to delay and/or cancel a tournament, irrespective of the reason therefor.
3. Important information about each tournament is stated on the tournament card when entering, and it is Your responsibility to ensure you read and understand this information accordingly.
4. You may only enter one team per tournament.
5. Promotional prizes may be awarded as stated on the Tournament Card, except when a draw is concluded.
6. De-registration: Tournaments allow Managers to de-register up to 24 (Twenty-Four) hours before the relevant tournament commences.
7. If tournament rooms are not filled by the start date, then the tournament room may be cancelled and users refunded.
8. The tournament ends once the last game in the tournament game week has come to an end
Tournament Set Up
All entrants will be required to pick a tournament squad of 15 (Fifteen) players, consisting of:
• 2 (Two) Goalkeepers
• 5 (Five) Defenders
• 5 (Five) Midfielders
• 3 (Three) Forwards
The total value of Your initial squad must not exceed £100 million, or such other amount as may be advised from time to time.
You can select up to 3 (Three) players from a single Premier League team.
From your 15 (Fifteen) player squad, select 11 (Eleven) players to form Your team.
All Your points for the Gameweek will be scored by these 11 (Eleven) players, however if one or more of the selected players does not play, they will be automatically substituted. Substitutes are limited to player position, for example if a defender does not play only a defender can replace him.
Your team can play in any formation providing that 1 (One) goalkeeper, at least 3 (Three) defenders and at least 1 (One) forward are selected at all times.
From your starting 11 (Eleven), You must nominate a captain and a vice-captain. Your captain's score will be doubled.
If your captain plays 0 (Zero) minutes in the tournament, the captain will be changed to the vice-captain.
If both captain and vice-captain play 0 (Zero) minutes, then no player's score will be doubled.
During the tournament, Your fantasy football players will be allocated points based on their performance in the Premier League.
Points are awarded as follow
For playing up to 60 (Sixty) minutes = 1 (One) point
For playing 60 (Sixty) minutes or more (excluding stoppage time) = 2 (Two) points
For each goal scored by a goalkeeper or defender = 6 (Six) points
For each goal scored by a midfielder = 5 (Five) points
For each goal scored by a forward = 4 (Four) points
For each goal assist = 3 (Three) points
For a clean sheet by a goalkeeper or defender = 4 (Four) points
For a clean sheet by a midfielder = 1 (One) point
For every 3 (Three) shots saved by a goalkeeper =1 (One) point
For each penalty save = 5 (Five) points
For each penalty miss = -2 (Minus Two) points
For every 2 (Two) goals conceded by a goalkeeper or defender = -1 (Minus One) point
For each yellow card = -1 (Minus One) point
For each red card = -3 (Minus Three) points
For each own goal = -2 (Minus Two) points
*For point descriptions please visit the how to play section of the Website
In the event that 2 (Two) managers end up on the same number of points at the end of a tournament, the winner will be determined by the below tie break system
• Highest scoring captain
• Most goals scored as a team
• Draw is conceded and the winnings are split
You agree and acknowledges that:
1. We will make reasonable efforts to ensure that transfers in and out of your account are processed in a timely manner. We give no warranties regarding the amount of time needed to complete processing. We cannot be held responsible for delays in the banking networks, failures on part of the processor or actions of other parties involved in the processing of funds that may result in processing delays, reprocessing or reversal of transactions or the seizure or freezing of funds, nor will we be liable for any actual or consequential damages arising from any claim of delay or seizure.
2. We will not be liable for any actual or consequential damages arising from any claim of delay or loss as a result of invalid, incomplete or erroneous financial or personal data provided by the User with their transfer request.
3. Any cancelled or rejected transfers out of Your account will be refunded to Your account in the currency and amount debited from your Account wallet balance with your original request before currency conversion took place.
4. All deposits are made in accordance with the DPO terms and conditions https://www.dpogroup.com/africa/terms-conditions/
5. Deposits are made available via credit/debit card and/or mobile money if available in your territory.
6. 1 FanFootball free play dollar is equal to 1 US dollar in the event a User decides to withdrawal the promotional prize.
7. On the day exchange rates will apply
8. To request a withdrawal please click the withdrawal button under the Tournaments tab.
9. Additional information may be required from the User, such as email address and KYC documentation.
10. In South Africa, withdrawals will be allocated to a Smartload account that is automatically opened for you.
11. The rest of the world will receive a virtual credit card with the allocated funds loaded
12. Applicable processing fees will be displayed at the point of confirming your withdrawal amount
1. Funds allocated to your smart load account, allows You access to multiple discounted products such as airtime, electricity and various other vouchers. You can also withdraw your funds via the banking cash out options on the service. For more information, please visit https://www.smartcall.co.za/smartload/
1. Fanfootball tournaments is an individual (not a team) game. Any action intended to help another player is unethical and is prohibited. Unethical play may result in penalties, including seizure of funds from the offender's account and/or termination of the account. We routinely review game play to look for violations of our rules and to ensure the integrity of our games. It may be necessary to withhold player winnings until the completion of game play reviews.
1. In the event of a server crash, if it is possible to conclude the tournament at a later stage, we will endeavour do so. In special circumstances, when a tournament needs to be cancelled because of a server crash or some other reason, players will be refunded.
If we have to cancel a tournament for any reason, we will refund manager buy ins as per the original tournament requirements